To help increase donor levels over the critical summer holiday season, SIGNWAVE Australia is offering recognition and reward – via a Facebook based photo contest - to individuals and businesses who donate blood between 1 December 2016 and 31st January 2017.
Not that you need more of a reason than the opportunity to save 3 lives each blood donation, but if you get on board you can also win Audio Technica ATH-MSR7NC headphones worth $549 or up to $3,000 in signage for your business from us.
It's simple. Donate blood > Take a pic > Upload it to our Facebook competition timeline > Get likes > Win
Our SIGNWAVE centres and their staff are also competing in a separate competition to support the Australian Red Cross Blood Service.
Did you know?
- Only 1 in 30 Australians gives blood, but 1 in 3 will need blood in their lifetime.
- A single blood donation can help at least 3 different patients.
- Around 30% of blood donations go to cancer patients.
- Donations are also used to save lives of those affected by serious illness and accidents, and during surgery.
Booking an appointment to donate blood is easy (and so is donating!). You can find out more about the process, your eligibility and how your blood can save lives by going to donateblood.com.au.
How to participate: All you have to do is take a photo documenting your trip to a Red Cross Blood Service centre, and upload it to the Show us a sign Facebook photo contest timeline with a caption. Your caption is not limited to, but must include the following hashtags #showusasignyoucare #save3lives
The photo can be serious or interesting. It can be taken while you are in the act of donating (although please no close-ups of needles, blood or blood bags!) - or your photo can be taken afterwards with your post-donation snack, your badge or your bandage. Get creative! The main thing is to show us a sign you care enough to donate blood.
Businesses – to be in the running for the signage prize, get a crew of 3 to go in together and include them in your pic.
The competition ends on Tuesday, 31st January 2017 at 5pm. The overall winners will be announced on Friday, 3 February 2017 at 2pm. ESDT
How to win: The individual photo and the business photo with the most Likes wins the major prizes. There will be one business winner of the signage major prize and two winners of the Audio Technica headphones. **Note – the likes need to be on the SIGNWAVE Show us a sign Photo Contest Facebook timeline, not your own personal timeline (i.e. you need to send your friends to your pic on the timeline of the contest page to register their like rather than sharing the photo yourself from your personal account).
We will count any of the Facebook Like emoticons as a vote. Please make sure you Like the photo.
Individual entrant major prize: Audio Technica ATH-MSR7NC headphones worth $549. Two sets to be won. You won't believe what your ears have been missing out on with these!
Business entrant major prize: up to $3,000 in signage for your business. Imagine how you could enliven your office or workplace!
There will also be daily t-shirt winners – most Likes wins. Let the world know you are an angel!
Terms and Conditions:
- Entry must be via the SIGNWAVE – Show us a sign you care photo contest Facebook page timeline.
- It must clearly show clear evidence that the subject has donated blood or is about to. The photograph can be a selfie or taken by someone else.
- Entrants can submit up to three photographs per person.
- While a limited amount of digital manipulation is allowed, the photograph must give clear proof that the donation of blood actually transpired. If your photo receives the most votes and there is any doubt that the photograph is a fake, we will request to see the original before granting the prize.
- Individuals will be in the running to win the individual prize (Audio Technica ATH-MSR7NC headphones). Business groups will be in the running to win the business prize (signage).
- Photos with the highest number of Likes stand a chance to win the major prizes. We will count any of the official Facebook Like icons as a ‘Like’. Please Like the photo.
- Only Likes on the photos on the SIGNWAVE – Show us a sign you care photo contest Facebook page timeline will be counted. Likes on photos shared via personal posts will not count.
- Groups need to stipulate the businesses they are representing.
- Mention of #showusasignyoucare and #save3lives is a must.
- Entrants that do not win a daily t-shirt prize are still eligible to win the major prizes.
- Winners will be notified by SIGNWAVE Australia via Facebook.
- The signage and graphics prize up to the value of $3,000 will be provided by the SIGNWAVE centre closest to the winner’s location courtesy of SIGNWAVE Australia.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- The decision of the organiser will be FINAL and no communication in this regard shall be entertained by the organiser.
- Submitted photos remain the property of the entrant but SIGNWAVE retains the right to use the images for purposes related to this competition.
- Inappropriate or offensive photos will be deemed ineligible and removed from the contest.
- SIGNWAVE reserves the right to disqualify any entry which we consider to break any of these terms and conditions, or otherwise to be contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
- The daily winners will be announced every Friday and will stop on Tuesday, 31 January 2017.
- Major prize winners will be announced at 2pm on Friday, 3 February, 2017.
- All times listed are Eastern Standard Daylight Saving Time.
- Entries from the employees of SIGNWAVE Australia are not eligible for the public competition prizes but may still submit pics to their centre Facebook pages in support of the Australian Red Cross Blood Service and eligible to win Audio Technica ATH-MSR7NC headphones in an internal, company competition.