As a leader in the print and graphics industry as well as the business community, SIGNWAVE® Australia adopts and promotes sustainable business practices designed to reduce our local, regional, national and global environmental impact.
Companies worldwide are becoming more aware of the need to use products and processes that are environmentally friendly. This call is also true of individually owned businesses—including SIGNWAVE® Australia sign and graphics centers.
SIGNWAVE® Australia continues to search out alternative products to meet the growing needs of our environmentally conscious customers, while creating processes in our centers that are mindful of the environment for future generations. Some of the sustainable, green printing principles include:
- Using materials derived from renewable resources or with low environmental impact
- Maximizing recycling and recovery efforts, with efficient use of renewable energy
- Adopting changes within the supply chain to recommend the use of raw materials that do not threaten or harm the environment
What are we doing today?
Many SIGNWAVE® Australia locations are becoming more environmentally friendly by embracing UV curable print technology and using eco-solvent inks, which release less waste into the air and promote a cleaner environment.
SIGNWAVE® Australia centers are also offering more environmentally friendly material options as alternatives to standard banner and sign materials. And we’re keeping our eyes open for new eco-aware offerings that are coming onto the market.
Preserving the Environment
Other initiatives are in place to encourage worldwide SIGNWAVE® Australia centers to do their part in preserving the environment, including:
- Using products that are recycled or recyclable
- Disposing of hazardous materials properly
- Trying to purchase products with minimum packaging or that are sold in bulk, thereby reducing waste
- Recycling toner cartridges through manufacturers
- Using energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Turning off unused equipment at night and on weekends
These are only the beginning steps. SIGNWAVE® Australia International, Inc. and our SIGNWAVE® Australia centers worldwide are committed to improving processes today for a better, cleaner, safer environment tomorrow.