Last year, the Boxing Day sales earned retailers an estimated $2.8 billion according to the National Retail Association. You don’t need us to tell you that you need to get in on this year’s spending frenzy.
Boxing Day is just around the corner and before the mince pies are replaced with hot cross buns, you have a small window to move old stock and give the shopaholics bargains that will keep them coming back.
Visual merchandising is a great way to attract customers and increase sales by enhancing the aesthetic appeal of a product or store. Here are some ideas to get you in the game this sales season:
- Use bold colours in your window displays. Where possible, choose colours that contrast with your neighbours’ windows for greater stand-out potential.
- Use informational, directional and promotional signage to guide your customer through your store strategically and provide them with the information they need, when they need it.
- Use language that sets the tone. Incite urgency in shoppers with phrases that will encourage them to buy immediately (e.g. ‘first 100 customers’, ‘limited offer’ and ‘get in quick’).
- Use lighting and signage with lights to draw attention to areas of the store you want to highlight.
- When designing product or window displays, avoid clutter. Ensure there is plenty of space around the products you want to feature — busy displays look less professional, more chaotic and are less likely to compel customers.
- Make a big impression at the point of purchase with custom, colourful banners.
- Turn your floors into valuable marketing space by placing durable floor graphics underfoot.
Get in touch today and we can help you ramp up your store appeal in time for the Boxing Day and New Years' sales.