Strategic use of merchandise at events
It’s proven that promotional products increase positive brand awareness, but take note at your next industry event: every business with a logo has something to give away. How are you going to stand out? Make your investment in corporate merchandise count by making it strategic.
Did you know?
- 88% of people can recall the company and brand on their promotional product
- 52% do business with a company after receiving a promotional product
- 72% of marketing and HR managers say promotional products are very effective in motivation and retention of staff.
- Promotional products generate up to 50% greater recall than other major media
- 47% of people keep their promotional products for more than a year
People love to get stuff for free, especially tangible items that appeal to the senses. When they receive something they like or that they feel good about receiving, not only are they more likely to keep it with them (and top of mind), the more favourably they are likely to think of where they got it from.
When choosing corporate gifts for your next event, get the jump on competitors by:
- Running a pre-event promotion. In the lead up to the day, offer a desirable promotional product to those that attend or who visit your stand. This will help you focus on pre-qualified prospects, drive traffic to your stand and allocate budget towards quality rather than quantity. Use email campaigns, direct mail and social media to let existing and prospective clients know that you will be at the event and when they bring the promo code to the stand (and their business card) they will receive a free gift.
- Incorporate hashtags, social media handles or QR codes on to the items. You can use these to encourage future interaction via Twitter or Facebook, conduct a competition and viral brand promotion (‘upload a photo to Instagram with our hashtag’) or capture potential customer information and provide them with additional information to help with purchase decision-making.
Select merchandise that is unique or tied back into your business or the theme of your event. Make them stand out, make them useful, make them a talking point. Glass holders, clock-in-a-can, or a novelty-shaped USB hub. For more unique ideas go to http://www.signwave.com.au/promotional-products
At SIGNWAVE, we have just launched our new promotional products website offering a huge and always increasing range of promotional products. To discover this exciting range of promotional merchandise, go to the Promotional products page on our site and click on the “Shop Now” button to browse the range.