File Transfer Services
Send us your graphic files and take care of your sign order—without leaving your desk. With our convenient high-speed file transfer services, you can send us virtually any graphic file in any format using the “Send A File” button on your SIGNWAVE® Australia center web page.
Tips for Preparing Graphic Files:
- We accept both Mac® and PC files and can work with virtually any software.
- To ensure the highest quality output, save your images at 100 – 150ppi (points per inch) at the finished size. Pixel files are .bmp, .tif, .jpg; the preferred format is .tif
- Files for vinyl output need to contain a Vector image of your sign and/or logo. This means your text and graphics are outlined. Some programs offer an option to save or export text as vectors, curves, paths or outlines. Vector files are .ai, .pdf or .eps
- Convert all fonts to curves or paths to avoid possible font substitution. This rule goes for all types of files.
- Save photographic images at 100% of the actual size (when possible) and at the resolution specified by your SIGNWAVE® Australia center.
- Please embed linked images into the file, when possible.
- If you are using Adobe Photoshop, we recommend the RGB color mode for raster files. In Adobe Illustrator, we recommend the CMYK color mode for vector files.
- If you are using InDesign or Quark Xpress, please save the file as a pdf (File-Export-layout as pdf).
- If you are using Corel Draw, please convert the fonts to curves and save as a pdf.
- Include Pantone Colors for your files, or provide a hard copy of the approximate colors desired.
- Web site graphics are almost always unusable.
- The total size of all uploaded files should be less than 1 gigabyte.
- Please do not "CLOSE" the window until after the file has been completely uploaded and you are redirected back to your center’s web page.